Block & Associates, LLC is an innovative, women-owned, and managed law firm. Founded in 2018, the Firm is currently 5 attorneys strong, and looking to grow.
B&A seeks a self-motivated, organized, and entrepreneurial litigation associate to join its busy practice. This opportunity will expose the attorney to a wide variety of hands-on experience, courtroom exposure, and requires a strong desire to practice in diverse practice areas, including general civil litigation, business litigation, and employment litigation. Expertise in corporate law, real estate and estate planning is a plus.
At least 3 years of experience in private practice. Applicants with more experience are encouraged to apply, and will be considered especially if they have portable books of business.
- J.D., and active Pennsylvania law license (other admissions a plus)
- Superior legal writing skills
- Willingness to meet with clients
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Flexibility (much less focus on billable hours vs. getting the job done well)
- B&A covers CLE’s, bar licensing, and bar association membership
- Unlimited PTO; paid vacations
- 401K + profit sharing
- Other benefits available upon request
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with 3 to 5-year salaries for associates in small-to-mid-sized firms in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
- We occupy a 2,000 square ft. bright and open office in Squirrel Hill. We all work in the office several days/week, but also work from home when not in the office.
- We are a paperless office, so the attorney should be comfortable working in this type of environment.
- The firm does not have administrative assistants, and therefore, the attorney should feel comfortable doing a little bit of everything (i.e., we all take turns taking out the trash)
- This is not your typical law firm. We all work very hard, and things can get hectic, but there is no billable hour requirement or expectation. Instead, we expect our lawyers to do great work, provide the best service to our clients, be highly responsive, and enjoy life outside of work.